Apr 08, 2023, Vacating Your Criminal Record in Washington State: Recent Changes in Eligibility Requirements

If you’ve been told in the past that you’re not eligible to vacate your Washington State criminal record, it’s worth taking another look. Significant changes in the law in the past 3-5 years have expanded eligibility, and you may now be able to vacate your record even if you were not eligible before. In this blog post, I’ll discuss these changes and what they mean for you.

In the past, eligibility for vacating a criminal record in Washington State was limited to certain case types, and there were logistical and financial restrictions that made it difficult for some individuals to vacate their records. Additionally, if you had multiple convictions, you were often only able to vacate one of them.

However, in the past few years, there have been significant changes to the law that have made it easier for individuals to vacate their criminal records. For example, you can now vacate multiple case types, and there are fewer logistical and financial restrictions. Additionally, if you have multiple convictions, you may now be able to vacate more than one of them.

These changes mean that even if you were not eligible to vacate your criminal record in the past, you may now meet the requirements. If you’re unsure whether you’re eligible, it’s worth seeking the help of an experienced expungement attorney. As a Washington State expungement attorney, I can review your case and help you understand your options.

In conclusion, significant changes in the law have made it easier for individuals to vacate their criminal records in Washington State. If you’ve been told in the past that you’re not eligible, it’s worth taking another look to see if you now meet the requirements. Contact my office at (206) 222-8829 to learn more about the changes in the law and how they may impact your eligibility to vacate your criminal record.

Call Now
(206) 222-8829

Feb 24, 2023, How to Vacate Your Assault Conviction Record and Take Control of Your Future

Having an assault conviction on your record can create a wide range of problems, from difficulties finding employment or housing to obstacles in obtaining licensing and certifications, and even impacting your ability to travel freely. However, if you have a conviction for assault, you may be eligible to vacate it and gain a fresh start. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the eligibility requirements for vacating assault convictions in Washington State, and how you can take control of your future with the help of an experienced attorney.

Eligibility for Vacating Assault Convictions in Washington State

The eligibility requirements for vacating an assault conviction record in Washington State vary based on the type of conviction. For a simple misdemeanor assault, such as a bar fight, enough time has to pass since you completed everything during which you were crime-free. That’s going to be three years for a simple misdemeanor assault, five years for domestic violence, and five years for a Class C felony. For a Class B felony, it will be ten years since you did everything. There are some restrictions, such as those for assaults committed against officers and children, and some limits on domestic violence in terms of the number of cases you can vacate for misdemeanors. However, the majority of assault-based convictions can be vacated if everything has been paid up, completed, and enough time has passed.

How an Attorney Can Help You Vacate Your Conviction Record

Vacating a conviction record can be a complex and challenging process, and it’s always recommended that you work with an experienced attorney to ensure the best possible outcome. An attorney can help you prepare your application correctly and present your case in the best possible light to the court. They can also represent you in court hearings, negotiations, and appeals if necessary, ensuring that you have the best possible chance of success.

Contact an Experienced Attorney Today

If you’re looking to vacate your assault conviction record and take control of your future, the Law Office of Stefanie Dorn is here to help. With over a decade of experience helping clients navigate the legal system and achieve positive outcomes, our firm is well-equipped to help you achieve the fresh start you deserve. Contact us today at (206) 222-8829 or email us at [email protected] to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you take control of your future.

Vacate Conviction

Mar 19, 2021, Clearing Your Record: Vacating a Misdemeanor Conviction in Washington State

As an expungement attorney in Washington State, I often receive questions about vacating misdemeanor convictions. In this blog post, I’ll discuss what vacating a conviction means and how to determine if you are eligible for this process.

Vacating a conviction means that your guilty plea or the verdict of guilt is withdrawn, and a not guilty plea is entered. The charging document is then dismissed, which allows you to state for all purposes, including housing and employment, that you have not been convicted of the offense. However, it’s important to note that the conviction will still show up on your criminal history, but it will show that it has been vacated.

Eligibility for vacating a misdemeanor conviction in Washington State depends on the case type. Certain sex offenses and DUIs are not eligible unless they have been amended down to a reduced charge. However, the majority of other misdemeanors and assorted crimes, including domestic violence, are eligible for vacating.

The timeframe to qualify for vacating a conviction also depends on the case type. For domestic violence offenses, at least five years must have passed since you have completed everything. For general offenses, such as criminal trespass, theft, or harassment, at least three years must have passed since you have completed all the terms and conditions of your sentence and stayed out of trouble since then.

If you think you may be eligible for vacating a misdemeanor conviction, it’s best to seek the help of an experienced expungement attorney. I am available to review your case and determine if you meet the eligibility requirements. You can reach me, Stefanie Dorn, at (206) 222-8829 for assistance. Don’t let a past conviction hold you back any longer – call my office today to learn about your options.

Mar 19, 2021, How to Vacate a Reckless or Negligent Driving Conviction in Washington State

Have you been convicted of reckless driving or negligent driving in Washington State after a DUI charge? If so, you may be eligible to vacate that conviction and start fresh. In this blog post, we’ll explore the requirements for vacating a conviction and how the Law Office of Stefanie Dorn can help.

To be eligible to vacate a reckless driving or negligent driving conviction, it must have been 10 years since your arrest and you must have completed all the terms of your sentence. Additionally, you must have stayed out of trouble for a period of time following the conviction. If these conditions apply to you, you may be able to vacate the conviction and have it removed from your criminal record.

At the Law Office of Stefanie Dorn, we have over a decade of experience helping clients vacate their criminal records. We understand the impact that a criminal record can have on your life, including employment opportunities, housing, and even your ability to travel. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping our clients achieve a fresh start and move forward with their lives.

If you’re interested in vacating your reckless driving or negligent driving conviction, don’t hesitate to contact us for a consultation. We’ll work with you to determine your eligibility and guide you through the process, answering any questions you may have along the way.

To schedule a consultation with our experienced Washington State expungement attorney, email us at [email protected] or give us a call at (206) 222-8829. Take the first step towards a better future – contact us today.

Ratings and Reviews

10.0Stefanie Marie Dorn
Stefanie Marie DornReviewsout of 12 reviews